CR 29 FordPosted by Don Dillard Thu, November 21, 2013 18:11:48
The first project on Carolyn's 29 was to get the chassis together. We started with what we thought was a rebuilt 327. upon closer inspection, we discovered it was about 20 inches shy and not completely rebuilt so, we tore it down and finished the job on rebuilding it to tip top shape. The four speed trans was a similar story so, it too needed to be rebuilt. The Dana 44 from a USPS Jeep was in good shape with 3.73 gears and an LSD.
The front end parts consisted of a bunch of mismatched old Ford bits. We shelved them for future projects and replaced it all with chrome goodies including a tube axle, four bars, and GM disc brakes.
|Choose site to share content on|